Director of Business Development
The Staunton Creative Community Fund is seeking a full-time Director of Business Development.
The position will be responsible for a variety of administrative and program development tasks including the following:
Reports to the Executive Director
Performs Client Counseling tasks including:
- Completes initial meetings with new clients regarding business needs, plans, and future steps.
- Provides one-on-one client counseling services for business plan development, marking plan development, loan application preparation, and other consulting needs applicable to the client.
- Manages a post-loan and VIDA mentoring and consulting program for start-up and existing small businesses that receive SCCF funding
- Maintains regular contact with existing SCCF clients and identifies community resources, opportunities, and assistance that match business clients’ individual needs.
Performs Training Program-related tasks including:
- Creates and administers training seminars for small businesses and entrepreneurs, including special topic seminars and the implementation of a business plan development course.
- Recruit, vet and manage volunteers.
Funding-related tasks including:
- Identifying and cultivating entrepreneurs and businesses that may be potential SCCF funding clients
- Analyze financial statements in business plans
- Assist clients in the creation and submission of an SCCF loan and VIDA application
- Provide assistance to the SCCF Executive Director and Loan Review Committee in reviewing and approving SCCF microloans.
- Draw up closing documents for SCCF Loans and assist with loan closings
- Assist VIDA savers maintaining and accessing their matched savings account
Outreach and PR-related tasks including:
- Maintaining positive relationships with clients, community partners, and other training and business resource providers in the Shenandoah Valley.
- Publicize training events, seminars, and outreach activities through the production of creative fliers and brochures, website updates, regular Facebook events/updates, bimonthly and formal press releases.
- Update SCCF’s email list-serve and send timely alerts of SCCF and other applicable community events and activities.
- Update client profiles for release on website, Facebook, and other creative venues.
Other responsibilities as the Executive Director may require.
SCCF is looking for a highly organized person with attention to detail who is also flexible and fun. Integrity, reliability, and the ability to work independently are also essential for this role. Experience in the MS office products and social media is a must.
The Staunton Creative Community Fund, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization that revitalizes communities by supporting and lending to local entrepreneurs. Our specialty is launching innovative community-based programs that network community-members and entrepreneurs and link them with the resources they need to thrive. SCCF provides direct loans and matched savings accounts for qualified start-up and expanding small businesses, training and consulting services for entrepreneurs, and virtual incubation services for start-up non-profits. SCCF offers a flexible, unique work environment that is focused on strong community partnerships with community members, local businesses, non-profits, and local government. Successful applicants will be motivated, creative, flexible, collaborative, and comfortable interacting with a diverse array of community partners and clients. SCCF is largely grant funded through organizations such as the United States Department of Agriculture, the Small Business Administration, the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development, Community Foundation of the Central Blue Ridge, United Way of Greater Augusta and other funding agencies; familiarity with these organizations and/or with the maintenance and administration of grant-based funding is desirable. Strong writing and computer skills are also advantageous, and a dedication to maintaining confidentiality when dealing with proprietary client information is a requirement. SCCF is an at-will employer and all employment positions are contingent on funding.
To apply for the position, please send your resume, contact information, at least two references, and wage requirements to Christina Cain, SCCF Executive Director, at 10 Byers Street, Staunton, VA 24401 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information about the Staunton Creative Community Fund, please visit www.stauntonfund.com, www.houreconomy.org, and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/StauntonFund.
The Staunton Creative Community Fund is an equal opportunity employer. The Director of Business Development position will remain open until filled.