Director of Business Support
The Staunton Creative Community Fund is seeking a full-time Director of Business Support. The position works with start-up or existing small businesses through individual consultations, assisting clients in gaining access to capital and obtain the training needed to make their business successful.
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Client Consulting- related tasks include:
- Completes initial meetings with new clients regarding business needs, plans, and future steps.
- Provides one-on-one client counseling services for business plan development, marking plan development, loan application preparation, and other consulting needs applicable to the client.
- Maintains regular contact with existing SCCF clients and identifies community resources, opportunities, and assistance that match business clients’ individual needs.
- Manage the SCCF Mentorship Program- related tasks include:
- Cultivating potential mentors.
- Matching clients with appropriate mentors.
- Manage the Training Program- related tasks include:
- Creates and administers training seminars for small businesses and entrepreneurs, including special topic seminars.
- Plan and facilitate our Business Planning Class series.
- Recruit, vet and manage volunteers.
- Work in conjunction with the Operations Coordinator on a promotion a promotion plan.
- Manage the VIDA Program- related tasks include:
- Identifying and cultivating entrepreneurs and businesses that may be potential VIDA clients.
- Assist clients in the creation and submission of a VIDA application.
- Manages a VIDA mentoring and consulting program for all matched savings clients.
- Assist VIDA savers maintaining and accessing their matched savings account.
- Outreach and PR-related tasks including:
- Maintaining positive relationships with clients, community partners, and other training and business resource providers in the Shenandoah Valley.
- Contribute content to the SCCF blog.
- Other responsibilities as the Executive Director may require.
SCCF is looking for a highly organized person who pays attention to detail and is an innovative problem solver. Integrity, reliability, and the ability to work independently are also essential for this role. Experience in the MS office products and social media is a must. Strong writing and computer skills are also advantageous, and a dedication to maintaining confidentiality when dealing with proprietary client information is a requirement.
The Staunton Creative Community Fund, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization that revitalizes communities by supporting and lending to local entrepreneurs. Our specialty is launching innovative community-based programs that network community-members and entrepreneurs and link them with the resources they need to thrive. SCCF is an at-will employer and all employment positions are contingent on funding.
To apply for the position, please send your resume, cover letter, at least three references, and salary requirements to Christina Cain, SCCF Executive Director, at 10 Byers Street, Staunton, VA 24401 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information about the Staunton Creative Community Fund, please visit www.stauntonfund.com, and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/StauntonFund.
The Staunton Creative Community Fund is an equal opportunity employer. The Director of Business Support position will remain open until filled.
The Staunton Creative Community Fund prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal and, where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Staunton Creative Community Fund. We are an equal opportunity employer.